Friday, September 5, 2008

The Other Side of the Story


I just finished reading The Other Side of the Story by Marion Keyes. I love her writing. This one I didn't get as absorbed in as I usually have with her books. I was able to put this one down to read Angels and This Charming Man also by her. As I near completion I found it hard to put it down.
This one is about the publishing industry - one agent and two authors. Gemma's father leaves her mother after 35 years of marriage. The mother needs Gemma because her life revolved around her husband. She makes up stories about her dad's new life and sends them to a friend that forwards them to Jojo and agent.
Jojo is having an affair with her boss. She is an agent to Lily and Gemma. She was a police officer in NYC, but ended up in the publishing world in London. She is the best agent, and there is a retiring partner.
Lily is living with Anton and they have a daughter Ema. Anton is a dreamer with high ambitions. Lily and Gemma used to be friends, but each needs to learn to follow their hearts and learn to forgive.

No comments: