Monday, October 13, 2008

The Prize Winner of Defiance, Ohio




This movie was really good. I think it did an excellent job showing a woman in the 1950s and also what life is like living with an alcoholic.




There have been several Julianne Moore movies lately that I haven't cared for : The Hours, Far from Heaven, and Children of Men. So I figured I was taking a chance.




I enjoyed how they ran though some of the prizes that she did win but kept it interesting - breaking that wall between the actor and the audience.




You can also see how times began changing. Companies were not using marketing departments or advertising agencies but relying on their customers advertising idea. The movie begins closing with the fact contacts began to require no skill.




This movie was well written and well acted. I also was impressed with the fact the Kelly children stood behind it and appeared in it at the end of the movie.




If you have not seen this one yet, I highly recommend it. Not only does it show a piece of history, but it was enjoyable.

No comments: