Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Wicked Game

I never thought I would feel this way, but Wicked Game by Chris Issac seems to be the way I feel right now. Elton John says it so well - sad songs say so much. I know I will be fine eventually, right now it just hurts. I wasn't looking to fall in love, but I did. Then my love was rejected. Is it really worth it? Not so sure anymore.

Guess there are times when we all need to share a little pain
And ironing out the rough spots
Is the hardest part when memories remain
And it's times like these when we all need to hear the radio
`Cause from the lips of some old singer
We can share the troubles we already know
Turn them on, turn them on
Turn on those sad songs
When all hope is gone
Why don't you tune in and turn them on
They reach into your room
Just feel their gentle touch
When all hope is gone
Sad songs say so much
If someone else is suffering enough to write it down
When every single word makes sense
Then it's easier to have those songs around
The kick inside is in the line that finally gets to you
and it feels so good to hurt so bad
And suffer just enough to sing the blues
Sad songs, they say
Sad songs, they say
Sad songs, they say
Sad songs, they say so much
Wicked Game - Chris Issac
World was on fire, no one could save me but you
It's strange what desire will make foolish people do
I'd never dreamed that I'd need somebody like you
No, I'd never dreamed that I'd need somebody like you
No, I don't wanna fall in love
This world is always gonna brake your heart
No, I don't wanna fall in love
This world is always gonna brake your heart..with you
What a wicked game to play
To make me feel this way
What a wicked thing to do
To let me dream of you
What a wicked thing to say
You never felt this way
What a wicked thing you do
To make me dream of you
No, I don't wanna fall in love
This world is always gonna brake your heart
No, I don't wanna fall in love
This world is always gonna brake your heart..with you
World was on fire, no one could save me but you
It's strange what desire will make foolish people do
No, I never dreamed that I'd love somebody like you
I'll never dream that I lose somebody like you, no
Now I wanna fall in love
This world is always gonna brake your heart
Now I wanna fall in lust
This world is always gonna brake your heart..with you
Nobody loves no one

No comments: