Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Atonement



This was a film I watched over the weekend, and I loved it. I had wanted to see it in the theaters, but the opportunty just didn't work out. If I remember the Kite Runner came out about the same time. I had wanted to see both movies. I read the Kite Runner for a book club and was very disappointed by it (the last 4th I didn't care for), and doubt if I will see the movie. I wondered if I would enjoy Atonement. I'm glad I took the chance when I bought the movie.
It shows there are always more sides to a story than what one sees. It did take a moment for me to realize the first time a scene was replayed with a different characters perspective. I enjoyed that aspect.
How can you correct something you did that was wrong so many years ago? I don't want to say much more because I don't want to destroy the plot. But it does get me to thinking about what I may have done wrong and how could I correct it.
All actors did a fantastic job. I especially liked the way Briony was aged through out the film.

No comments: