Sunday, November 9, 2008

Muriel's Wedding


I had bought this movie thinking that I would really enjoy it. I like Toni Collette, and have enjoyed the movies. I thought this would be different. This is one of her earlier movies and she has had her teeth fixed and lost quite a bit of weight.

This movie was on the depressing side for me and I didn't find the humor in it. Muriel believes that getting married will be her way of proving that she is worth something. When she does get married it is a scam to keep an athlete in Australia. When there comes a time that he shows compassion she decides now is the time to stop living a lie and to leave him.

I guess I do like the end in some ways because she becomes the friend she should be, and they say their good-byes to their small town.

No comments: