Monday, December 29, 2008

Nights in Rodanthe



This movie is based on the book by Nicholas Sparks. It is an enjoyable movie to watch, but my biggest criticism about it would be how could one weekend “save your life?” I would label myself to be the walking oxymoron of the cynical hopeless romantic. Yes, I believe “the one” exists and I even believe in the overused term of “soul mate.” I happen to believe mine is a very late bloomer or is no longer alive.

The scenery is absolutely beautiful. I would love to stay in that beach house and walk along that beach. I would also love to find a community that has those clam bakes. This is the perfect setting in my mind.

I do believe that people come into our lives for a reason. That reason may not last as long as we would like it to, but we learn something or appreciate something because of that person. In this movie you see how their lives had changed because of their meeting, and even falling in love.

I cannot find the quote from it, but in the end she tells her daughter not to settle on love. The person that you love should not make you someone that you are not and not less than what you are.

This is not a movie I will buy, but it was
a nice one to watch.

No comments: