Monday, December 29, 2008

The Dark Knight








This is definitely a movie to see on the big screen. I will admit I have enjoyed all the Batman movies – even with Val Kilmer and the batsuit with nipples. Before the Nolan involvement my favorite was the original one with Michael Keaton, but I will say Batman Begins is now and still my favorite. I will put The Dark Knight in between Batman Begins and Batman.

Batman is my favorite superhero because he is an ordinary man without superpowers. While he is a vigilante he tries to do the right thing.

People are saying that Heath Ledger should receive an Oscar for his performance. I thought he did an excellent job as the Joker. He made the character his own which can be difficult when you think about Jack Nicholson’s performance. However, movies of this type are rarely nominated. I would hate for him to be nominated because of his unfortunate death.

I was a bit disappointed they didn’t do more with Harvey Dent as Two-Face. But then even before they had Two-Face with the Riddler. I did like they way the ideals one holds can be thrown away under tragic circumstances.

I also wish that Maggie Gyllenhaal was the first Rachel Dawes or had brought back Katie Holmes. Out of the two Maggie was more believable, but Rachel was not a main character either.

The Dark Knight is a great edition to the Batman franchise and I hope that Christopher and Jonathan Nolan stay with it. They returned Batman from a cartoon to an action hero.

1 comment:

James said...

I think they're setting it up for Maggie to come back as Catwoman. I mean, do we ever see a corpse?

And yes, this is one that needed to be seen on the big screen.